Lots of good stuff is just around the corner… Try us !
May 6, 2013
At ScaleMP, we believe that large memory and high core count shared-memory systems should be available to a wider range of users and developers than they currently are. While the price of industry standard servers from companies such as IBM, HP, Dell, Fujitsu and Cray, is quite attractive, applications that need large amounts of memory are facing a challenge. Servers that can deliver on large memory (over 2TB) are expensive and present the customer with one of 3 options:
- Buy a hardware-based solution, from companies such as SGI® or similar. This could easily run into the millions of dollars, especially over years of service.
- Change the application or downsize the model. Reprograming the application for a distributed system is complicated and still doesn’t get around the need to have a continuous memory space. Downsizing the model doesn’t get you where you want to be.
- The third is to purchase a number of industry standard servers from the aforementioned mentioned vendors, and use our recently announced vSMP Foundation for Memory Expansion.
vSMP Foundation for Memory-Expansion leverage the same software algorithms we have been using for years in our traditional system-expansion offering. This time we fine tune it to allow just memory expansion so your application can benefit from the needed amount of memory, yet minimizing the number of active cores. This way you save money on hardware and on software licenses, and get higher overall performance from your investment.
Putting our money where our mouth is – is a key principal at ScaleMP. Small businesses sometimes need loans to meet their daily operations needs until their earning assets are sufficient to cover their working capital needs. With that, look at this website loanovao.co.uk to start your loaning application. Following that we are launching two distinct offerings:
- We will be launching a free product that will allow you to use vSMP Foundation for Memory-Expansion at no cost. Check our web-site in the next 3-4 weeks.
- As Ivy-bridge gets around the corner, we know you are looking to have the most competitive system you can get for your $$. For a limited time, ScaleMP is working with its technology and channel partner to offer an alternative to SGI® systems. We are offering you all a guarantee that for every SGI® quote you will provide us, we will reply with a system quote that:
- Has 20 % more compute capacity.
- Has 20 % more RAM.
- Is 20 % less expensive.
Try us. Check our web-site for more details.