Director, OEM Products
Locations: (1) Rosh HaAyin, Israel; (2) San Francisco Bay Area, CA, USA
Position Type: Full-Time
ScaleMP is seeking an OEM Product Manager to enable our OEM partners and to drive business success through them and for them.
In this role, you will work with ScaleMP’s OEMs to provide all the necessary resources and material for OEM to successfully bring products to market, and to win additional designs with the OEM. This includes Sales and marketing assistance with collateral, demos, training, etc. – as well as all aspects of personal relationships with a broad OEM team ranging from technical staff to marketing and field sales staff.
You would also be expected to build on your knowledge of the memory and solid-state storage market and your experience in working with OEMs to enables their sales and marketing, and use your skills and technical acumen from your past technical roles to establish a trusted-advisor status.
- Proven customer relationship building skills/expertise/opportunity generation
- Establish personal relationships with OEM’s HQ and field staff, and constantly increase their existing network of contacts within OEM
- Learn the ins-and-outs of the OEM’s relevant products, go-to-market, and overall goals, to make sure ScaleMP’s operation and partner relationship are in line
- Be a hands-on product/marketing, creating or co-authoring product collateral including manuals, brochures, whitepapers, presentations, use-cases, how-to tutorials, etc.
- Be a hands-on technical sales resource working on the planning and execution of benchmarks
- Be a hands-on sales support resource, provide training to field and technical staff, train-the-trainer programs for OEM support and sales management staff
- Be the hands-on project/program manager for the OEM engagement, including managing meetings, distributing notes and action items, and follow up on execution
- Be a recognized evangelist for the OEM products, the key go-to person for OEM staff
- Work to increase OEM sales of existing ScaleMP OEM products, and create opportunities for stronger OEM relationship and additional design win with the OEM
- Get the right ScaleMP resources involved wherever needed to ensure OEM success
- Relevant product management experience. Preferably a Director or VP Product in startups
- Past experience working with or working for multi-national technology corps.
- Past technical experience in datacenter-related environments. Can be servers, storage or networking – technical roles in pre- or post-sales
- Working knowledge of Linux environments (no need to be a system admin, poweruser experience is enough), preference for experience with cloud environments
- 5+ years of experience in sales, marketing or corporate business development roles
- 3+ years technical experience (Sales Engineer, Solution Consultant, etc.)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Strong organizational skills, relationship building and communication skills, and ability to multi-task
- Self-starter, track record in registering sales in sub-optimal situations
- If based in Israel, moderate level of travel is expected (one week every 4-6 weeks). If living in SF-bay area or Sacramento, minimal travel is expected.
Send resumes to: