Senior Application Performance Engineer
Location: Fort Lee, NJ, USA
ScaleMP is the leader in virtualization for in-memory high-end computing. The company’s innovative architecture aggregates multiple x86 systems into a single virtual x86 system, delivering an industry-standard, high-end shared-memory computer.
ScaleMP’s Technical Services department works with large-scale SMP systems in lab and at client sites, creating and using cutting-edge HPC, In-memory, and Cloud Computing technologies.
- Perform performance benchmarks for variety of North-America prospects using homegrown applications;
- develop code for operating systems and BIOS (C and assembly language);
- develop performance analyses and system-level profiling tools (PERL, C, and C++);
- create benchmark automations for repeat testing;
- research, analyze, and optimize OpenMP and MPI large-scale/heavy-compute C, C++, and Fortran applications for x86_64 SMP systems;
- install, maintain and use Linux servers and workstations;
- maintain hardware (servers and networks) in performance engineering lab;
- use scientific/numerical algorithms in variety of programming languages;
- support sales team in performing on-site proof-of-concepts with strategic customers, to demonstrate the value of our products;
- perform technical training to customers as part of early proof-of-concept engagements (intro sessions for ScaleMP and vSMP Foundation, best-practices for running applications, application profiling and analysis);
- perform benchmarking and performance analysis as part of new sales efforts and RFP requirements;
- use ScaleMP’s unique system profiler to identify areas for performance improvements;
- use reverse engineering and variety of optimization patterns to improve application or benchmark performance;
- prepare detailed analysis reports using ScaleMP’s system profiler, and perform code changes for optimal performance based on ScaleMP’s methodologies for code developers.
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science or Computer Engineering plus 5 years progressive experience.
- Experience to include:
- developing code for operating systems and BIOS (C and assembly language);
- developing performance analyses and system-level profiling tools (PERL, C, and C++);
- creating benchmark automations for repeat testing; and
- researching, analyzing, and optimizing OpenMP and MPI large-scale/heavy-compute C, C++, and Fortran applications for x86_64 SMP systems.
Send Resumes to: