Issue during booting up the Redhat OS

Home Forums Using vSMP Foundation Issue during booting up the Redhat OS

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Shankarnag 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Shankarnag
    Participant

Hello,
    The vSMP Freefoundation Software is working fine in our server. We have added parameters “maxcpus=1 vga=normal xdriver=vesa” in the GRUB. But it is getting stuck in the booting process. The screenshot link for the following issue is posted below:-

Screenshot

The system and the software details are as follows:-
    Two IBM Servers Model- IBM system nx 3650 M2
    CPU cores- 4 CPU x 2.133GHz
    Processor type- Intel Xeon cpu E5506@2.133GHz
    RAM- 52 GB
    OS- RHEL Workstation 6.4 64 bit

Erez
    Participant

HI,

Could you share the which method (local hard disk or PXE) was used to boot the OS?
    I would also like to ask you to share a clear screenshot by email to support@scalemp.com

Thanks,
    Erez

Erez
    Participant

Hi,
    Could you boot the OS without vSMP Foundation Free, add ” intel_iommu=off” to the kernel command line (in grub) and reboot using vSMP Foundation Free?
    BTW – you do not need to add “maxcpus=1” in this version.

Shankarnag
    Participant

Hi,
    I tried with the intel_iommu=off in grub, but it is also not working. It is showing the same error as before.

Thanks.

Erez
    Participant

Hi Sonu,

Can you verify that intel_iommu=off was added to to the kernel command line (in grub) and reboot using vSMP Foundation Free?

Regards,
    Erez

Shankarnag
    Participant

okay I am sending you the link of the video. Take a look of that. It is the recording of the vSMP Foundation Free in our system. It will give you the better idea of what is happening.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by  Shankarnag.

Erez
    Participant

Hi Sonu,

Thanks for sharing this file. I would also like to ask you to run our data gathering utility (getnfo.sh) on the server.
    1. download the utility from http://www.scalemp.com/downloads/getinfo/getinfo.sh
    2. boot the system (without vSMP Foundation Free) and execute as root “getnfo.sh -s”
    3. share the resulted files with us.

Regards,
    Erez

Shankarnag
    Participant

The result is provided in the given link below:-
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B39tWVIPYuVOZThsWmRVaEEwOXM/edit?usp=sharing

Go to File->Download to download
    Thanks

• This reply was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by  Shankarnag.

Erez
    Participant

Hi Sonu,
    From the clip it appears that you added the intel_iommu=off in the wrong line.
    This need to be in the “module /vmlinuz…” line, not int the “kernel /tboot.gz” line – as the intel_iommu flag need to be parsed by the linux kernel (rather than tboot).

could you configure correctly and test again?
    Thanks,
    Erez

Shankarnag
    Participant

Hi Erez,
    Good Morning

Thanks for the help. The issue is now solved. It is working fine after adding line intel_iommu=off in the “module /vmlinuz…”. So i am sending you the link of the result that i got from “getinfo.sh -s”(with vSMP Foundation Free)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B39tWVIPYuVORTFMNXlFTGhXSTQ/edit?usp=sharing

Go to File->Download to download.

Erez
    Participant

Hi Sonu,

Thanks for the update.
    The getinfo data looks OK. I would like to suggets that you will downlaod and install the latest vsf_tools (from http://www.scalemp.com/downloads/vSMP_Foundation/5.1.135.60/vsf_tools_installer-5.1.135.60.sh), then execute “vsmpversion” and share the output by email to support#scalemp.com.
    Thanks,
    Erez

Shankarnag
    Participant

Hi Erez,

I’ve sent the mail with the output.

Thanks.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.