ScaleMP Provides Fujitsu with vSMP Foundation Hardware Certification
ScaleMPTM vSMP FoundationTM and PRIMERGY x86 Servers Combine
To Create a Powerful SMP Solution for HPC Systems
Cupertino, Calif. – September 15, 2011 – ScaleMP, a leading provider of virtualization solutions for high-end computing, today announced that Fujitsu has obtained ScaleMP vSMP Foundation Hardware Certification for its x86 servers PRIMERGY RX300 S6 and RX600 S6. The certification enables Fujitsu to provide software-based SMP solutions on Fujitsu’s general purpose x86 servers, PRIMERGY. Additional server models are expected to be added in the future.
ScaleMP vSMP Foundation integrates x86 servers as a virtual SMP system, enabling users to create shared-memory systems with the latest and most cost-effective x86 servers. Now Fujitsu can globally address HPC market needs by PRIMERGY in the form of x86 clusters for modern distributed memory systems and in the SMP solution for shared-memory systems, which support existing large memory and multi-threaded programs.
“PRIMERGY is an ideal server environment for our vSMP Foundation products,” said Shai Fultheim, ScaleMP’s founder and CEO. “Enabling aggregation of PRIMERGY x86 servers opens up more opportunities for Fujitsu to offer customers a robust SMP for demanding, shared-memory requirements.”
Using a combination of x86 servers and vSMP Foundation to integrate servers as a virtual SMP system enables users to build a flexible and high-cost performance SMP system which can meet performance requirements and future expansion, including:
• Integrating x86 servers into one virtual SMP, enabling implementation of a single, high-performance, shared-memory with up to 1,024 CPUs and 64TB of memory.
• A virtual, shared-memory system based on the latest x86 servers for large-scale data analysis, and enhancing performance of existing, multi-thread (OpenMP) applications.
• Using a high-speed InfiniBand network as a system backplane with failover and bandwidth scaling capabilities.
• Automatic system recovery using fault detection and isolation.
• In line with performance requirements, customers can build an optimal SMP system by changing the number of x86 servers.
• An SMP system based on general purpose x86 servers is lower in price, compared with conventional SMP servers.
Certified Fujitsu PRIMERGY Hardware Models:
• RX300 S6
• RX600 S6
vSMP Foundation aggregates multiple, industry-standard, off-the-shelf x86 servers into one single virtual high-end system. vSMP Foundation provides customers with an alternative to traditional, expensive symmetrical multiprocessing (SMP) systems and also offers simplified clustering infrastructure with a single operating system. It supports aggregation of up to 128 servers into a single virtual SMP system, providing customers with:
- Up to 64 TB of shared memory for large memory requirements;
- Up to 1,024 processors (10,240 cores) virtual SMP, proven scalability and record-breaking memory bandwidth;
- Ease of use and lowest total cost of ownership (TCO) for applications, with simplified cluster management and storage architecture;
- Improved cluster utilization, by providing a centralized and consolidated architecture.
ScaleMP is the leader in virtualization for high-end computing, providing maximum performance and lower total cost of ownership (TCO). The innovative Versatile SMPTM(vSMP) architecture aggregates multiple Intel Architecture systems into a single virtual Intel Architecture system, delivering an industry-standard, high-end symmetric multiprocessor (SMP) computer. Using software to replace custom hardware and components, ScaleMP offers a new, revolutionary computing paradigm. For more information, please call +1 (408) 342-0330 or visit www.ScaleMP.com.
vSMP Foundation is a trademark or registered trademark of ScaleMP. All other brands or products are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders and should be treated as such.
# # #
+1 (650) 947-7400