ScaleMP to Demonstrate Virtualization for Large-memory Needs at HPC Linux Financial Markets Show & Conference
Provider of high-end computing releases predictions and trends driving the Linux HPC market; shows how vSMP Foundation delivers virtually limitless compute and memory at lower OPEX for financial customers
Cupertino, Calif. – March 30, 2011 — ScaleMPTM, a leading provider of virtualization solutions for high-end computing, today announced five predictions for how high-performance computing needs will impact financial organizations. ScaleMP will be discussing these predictions and demonstrating their innovative vSMP Foundation solution in booth 104 at the 2011 8th Annual High Performance Computing Linux Financial Markets Show and Conference on April 4 in New York. vSMP Foundation aggregates multiple x86 systems into a single virtual system, delivering a virtual high-end symmetric multiprocessing (SMP) computer that can be used by financial organizations to obtain virtually limitless compute and memory at lower OPEX.
“In-memory analytics and in-memory databases, which by their very nature are memory constrained, are no longer an option for financial applications requiring large memory,” said ScaleMP CEO and founder Shai Fultheim. “Virtualization has no such limitations. But, as you will see from our predictions, even more significant for financial organizations — many of whom run mission-critical systems in a cluster — is that with virtual SMPs they have more flexibility to run their workloads when and how they want, no matter the size.”
ScaleMP’s predictions for financial organizations include:
- An increasing number of financial organizations will require large-memory systems and will turn to virtualization solutions as traditional computing options no longer meet their needs.
- Increased scrutiny on mortgage business analytics will push banks to use SMP systems.
- The continual drive to improve the bottom-line in high-frequency trading will lead to financial institutions to seek more powerful systems beyond the capability of traditional clusters connected by Infiniband or high speed infrastructures.
- Financial organizations will seek increased flexibility in their data centers and will need SMP systems that can quickly adapt to their workloads.
- With heavy investments made in data warehousing and data mining tools which rely on metadata and flat files extracted from back end databases, organizations will continue to load these databases in memory for very fast access and will need systems that support this need. For more details on these predictions and their impact on financial organizations, visit www.ScaleMP.com.
About vSMP Foundation
vSMP Foundation aggregates multiple, industry-standard, off-the-shelf x86 servers into one single virtual high-end system. vSMP Foundation provides customers with an alternative to traditional, expensive symmetrical multiprocessing (SMP) systems and also offers simplified clustering infrastructure with a single operating system. It supports aggregation of up to 128 servers into a single virtual SMP system, providing customers with:
- Up to 64 TB of shared memory for large memory requirements;
- Up to 1,024 processors (8,192 cores) virtual SMP, proven scalability and record-breaking memory bandwidth;
- Ease of use and lowest total cost of ownership (TCO) for applications, with simplified cluster management and storage architecture;
- Improved cluster utilization, by providing a centralized and consolidated architecture.
ScaleMP is the leader in virtualization for high-end computing, providing maximum performance and lower total cost of ownership (TCO). The innovative Versatile SMPTM(vSMP) architecture aggregates multiple Intel Architecture systems into a single virtual Intel Architecture system, delivering an industry-standard, high-end symmetric multiprocessor (SMP) computer. Using software to replace custom hardware and components, ScaleMP offers a new, revolutionary computing paradigm. For more information, please call +1 (408) 342-0330 or visit www.ScaleMP.com.
vSMP Foundation is a trademark or registered trademark of ScaleMP. All other brands or products are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders and should be treated as such.
# # #
+1 (650) 947-7400