ScaleMP to Showcase Latest Innovations at ISC13
Key Industry Event Provides Backdrop for Introduction of Upcoming Software Release, vSMP Foundation 5.1
CUPERTINO, Calif. –ScaleMP™, a leading provider of virtualization solutions for high-end computing, today announced it will be a Bronze Sponsor at the International Supercomputing Conference 2013 (ISC13), taking place in Leipzig, Germany from June 15-20, 2013. At the event, ScaleMP will discuss its upcoming software release vSMP Foundation 5.1.
“We constantly strive to respond in kind, with regular enhancements to our software-based SMP offerings. These enhancements are part of creating a flexible data center which must be able to respond to users’ requirements.”
The new release, which will be generally available this month, will feature several new enhancements:
- AnyIO – New IO architecture that extends the VM capability with support for additional devices. This new architecture is designed to enable support of a broad range of networking adapters and accelerators. ScaleMP is working with industry leaders on the enablement of AnyIO on a wide range of devices. Availability of AnyIO-supported devices will be announced in the near future.
- Free-download version of vSMP Foundation – A free download version of vSMP Foundation will be available by the end of June at www.scalemp.com. This feature-limited, free version of vSMP Foundation provides the ability to aggregate up to eight servers to create a powerful virtual SMP system.
- Support for the upcoming Intel processor, code-named Ivy Bridge – vSMP Foundation 5.1 will provide customers with the first many-socket Ivy Bridge system in the world.
- Extended support for accelerators – Support for accelerators enables the use of all of the GPGPUS within single system, eliminating the need for extensive MPI programming.
- Improved memory expansion system performance – The capability targets big-data workloads such as genome assembly, in-memory databases and analytics.
- New licensing model for memory expansion — With this licensing model, lower price points are provided for large-memory users. Licensing is required only for active resources; extra processors in systems used for memory expansion do not require a software licenses. This reduces the acquisition costs by up to $6,400 per node.
“Our customers routinely request additional product enhancements that will maximize their virtual SMP systems,” said Shai Fultheim, founder and CEO of ScaleMP. “We constantly strive to respond in kind, with regular enhancements to our software-based SMP offerings. These enhancements are part of creating a flexible data center which must be able to respond to users’ requirements.”
ScaleMP executives will be available to answer questions about vSMP Foundation 5.1 at Booth No. 262 at ISC13. Or, for additional information, please visit http://www.ScaleMP.com. For more information about ISC13 or to register for the event, please visit http://www.isc-events.com/isc13/.
About vSMP Foundation
vSMP Foundation aggregates multiple industry-standard off-the-shelf x86 servers into a single virtual high-end system. vSMP Foundation provides customers with an alternative to traditional expensive symmetrical multiprocessing (SMP) systems, and also offers simplified clustering infrastructure with a single operating system. It supports aggregation of up to 128 servers into a single virtual SMP system, providing customers with:
- Up to 256TB of shared memory for large memory requirements
- Up to a 1,024 processor (10,240 cores) virtual SMP, proven scalability and record-breaking memory bandwidth
- Ease of use and lowest total cost of ownership for clusters coupled with simplified storage architecture
- On-demand SMP with support for most common provisioning systems, allowing for increased data center utilization with consolidated architecture
- For more information on vSMP Foundation, please visit http://www.scalemp.com/products.
ScaleMP is the leader in virtualization for high-end computing, providing maximum performance and lower total cost of ownership. The innovative Versatile SMP™ (vSMP) architecture aggregates multiple independent systems into a single virtual system, delivering an industry-standard, high-end symmetric multiprocessing computer. Using software to replace custom hardware and components, ScaleMP offers a new, revolutionary computing paradigm. For more information, please call +1 (408) 342-0330 or visit http://www.ScaleMP.com.
vSMP Foundation is a trademark or registered trademark of ScaleMP. All other brands or products are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders and should be treated as such.
Michael Schulman, +1-408-342-0337