ScaleMP to Showcase Latest Innovations at SC11
Provider of High-end Virtualization for SMP Systems to Demonstrate Latest Release, Featuring Support for AMD and Intel processors and VM on VM Support
Cupertino, Calif. – November 11, 2011 – ScaleMP™, a leading provider of virtualization solutions for high-end computing, today announced its participation at the 2011 International Conference for High Performance Computing, Networking, Storage and Analysis (SC11) taking place November 12-18 at the Washington State Convention Center in Seattle, Washington. ScaleMP will be exhibiting in booth 2831, demonstrating the newest version of its server virtualization for aggregation software platform, vSMP Foundation 4.0. The new release adds more than 10 major features, providing customers a higher degree choice when designing their virtual SMP solutions.
During SC11, ScaleMP will be showcasing its vSMP Foundation product line in the company’s partner booths:
- HP (booth 4803) – demonstrating virtual SMP system with 256 AMD Opteron 6200 series (Interlagos) cores and 512GB RAM, by aggregating 8 dual-socket systems. HP’s Insight CMU will be used to provision vSMP Foundation demonstrating on-demand SMP capabilities for large cluster environments.
- IBM (booth 2131) – demonstrating a virtual SMP based on IBM BladeCenter H capable of aggregating up to 144 cores and 2.6TB RAM – providing scalable infrastructure for large memory, shared memory and distributed jobs. The demo system will have 92 cores and over 450GB RAM using hybrid blade configuration of ten Intel Xeon processor 5600 series (Westmere-EP) and eight Intel Xeon processor 5500 series (Nehalem-EP) providing best investment protection.
- Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) (booth 4803) – Demonstrating virtual SMP system with 384 AMD Opteron 6200 series (Interlagos) cores and 384GB RAM, aggregating four quad-socket systems.
- AdvancedHPC (booth 5711) – demonstrating virtual SMP system with 192 AMD Opteron 6100 series (Magny-cours) cores and 1TB RAM, aggregating four quad-socket systems.
Selected ScaleMP customers will be presenting their experience at ScaleMP’s booth. Among them:
- Infrastructure for Genome Assembly at Samuel Roberts Noble Foundation, by Ji He, director of scientific computing (November 15, 10:30 AM).
- Condor integration with vSMP Foundation at Southern Methodist University (SMU), by Justin Ross, senior system administrator (November 15, 3:00 PM).
- On-demand SMP environment at Cyfronet, by Patryk Lason, system administrator and HPC systems specialist (November 15, 5:00 PM).
- SDSC’s experience using vSMP Foundation for DASH, by Allan Snavely, associate director at the department of computer science and engineering (November 16, 11:00 AM).
- Scalable OpenMP programming with vSMP Foundation at RWTH Aachen University, by Dieter an Mey of the HPC Team (November 16, 5:00 PM).
“Many of our customers have already seen the benefits of vSMP Foundation’s software-based solution as an alternative to proprietary, expensive SMP systems,” said Fultheim. “We look forward to presenting our new offering at SC11 and demonstrating how vSMP Foundation 4.0 expands customer choice and flexibility when creating exact systems to fit their needs.”
About vSMP Foundation
vSMP Foundation aggregates multiple, industry-standard, off-the-shelf AMD or Intel x86 servers into a single virtual high-end system. vSMP Foundation provides customers with an alternative to traditional, expensive symmetrical multiprocessing (SMP) systems and also offers simplified clustering infrastructure with a single operating system. It supports aggregation of up to 128 servers into a single virtual SMP system, providing customers with:
- Up to 64 TB of shared memory for large memory requirements;
- Up to 1,024 processors (10,240 cores) virtual SMP, proven scalability and record-breaking memory bandwidth;
- Ease of use and lowest total cost of ownership (TCO) for applications, with simplified cluster management and storage architecture;
- Improved cluster utilization, by providing a centralized and consolidated architecture.
ScaleMP is the leader in virtualization for high-end computing, providing maximum performance and lower total cost of ownership (TCO). The innovative Versatile SMPTM (vSMP) architecture aggregates multiple Intel Architecture systems into a single virtual Intel Architecture system, delivering an industry-standard, high-end symmetric multiprocessor (SMP) computer. Using software to replace custom hardware and components, ScaleMP offers a new, revolutionary computing paradigm. For more information, please call +1 (408) 342-0330 or visit www.ScaleMP.com.
vSMP Foundation is a trademark or registered trademark of ScaleMP. All other brands or products are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders and should be treated as such.
# # #
+1 (650) 947-7400