New Advanced Platform provides unmatched SMP flexibility, performance and investment protection above and beyond capabilities of traditional SMPs
Cupertino, Calif. – November 8, 2011 – ScaleMP™, a leading provider of virtualization solutions for high-end computing, today announced vSMP Foundation™ Advanced Platform, an extension to its vSMP Foundation product. The new platform offers customers enhanced capabilities over the traditional SMP systems available with vSMP Foundation.
vSMP Foundation Advanced Platform offers:
• On-demand SMP – using the same cluster nodes to create a virtual SMP, providing customers with a unified architecture for all their supercomputing needs. Customers deploying large-scale clusters can now have on-demand SMPs provisioned by traditional provisioning systems such as Bright Cluster Manager, Insight CMU, ROCKS, XCAT, and others. On-demand SMP provides greater utilization by reusing the same systems for both distributed and shared-memory workloads.
• Partitioning – creating multiple smaller, isolated and independent SMP systems from a larger one allows different groups to work on a dedicated resource rather than share the same SMP machine and interfere with one another. vSMP Foundation Advanced Platform also provides tools to resize system partitions to accommodate a customer’s changing needs.
• Support for very large SMPs – vSMP Foundation Advanced Platform offers greater system scalability, enabling the creation of a Very Large Virtual Machine (VLVM) from over 32 systems.
• Active-active multi-rail InfiniBand support – using multiple HCAs in parallel, vSMP Foundation Advanced Platform provides an improved performance for the most demanding applications. This unique capability removes the need for distributed application awareness with multi-rail InfiniBand. In addition, it allows customers to design virtual SMPs to deliver the needed performance based on the number of cores in the system and application requirements. vSMP Foundation Advanced Platform supports up to 4 parallel InfiniBand links providing up to 224Gbps per node using InfiniBand FDR (56Gps) – over 3 times more bandwidth than SGI’s Altix UV product line.
“ScaleMP has always been at the forefront of high-performance computing systems by delivering powerful tools that allow customers to completely utilize all their resources,” said Shai Fultheim, founder and CEO of ScaleMP. “Our vSMP Foundation Advanced Platform is no exception, offering customers SMP capabilities that are practically impossible to get with traditional SMPs, such as repurposing the same cluster nodes for virtual SMP on an as-needed basis.”
Pricing and Availability
vSMP Foundation Advanced Platform is priced at $800 per socket.
General availability of vSMP Foundation Advance Platform is expected on November 21, 2011. For more information about vSMP Foundation Advanced Platform, please visithttp://www.ScaleMP.com/products.
About vSMP Foundation
vSMP Foundation aggregates multiple, industry-standard, off-the-shelf x86 servers into one single virtual high-end system. vSMP Foundation provides customers with an alternative to traditional, expensive symmetrical multiprocessing (SMP) systems and also offers simplified clustering infrastructure with a single operating system. It supports aggregation of up to 128 servers into a single virtual SMP system, providing customers with:
- Up to 64 TB of shared memory for large memory requirements;
- Up to 1,024 processors (10,240 cores) virtual SMP, proven scalability and record-breaking memory bandwidth;
- Ease of use and lowest total cost of ownership (TCO) for applications, with simplified cluster management and storage architecture;
- Improved cluster utilization, by providing a centralized and consolidated architecture.
ScaleMP is the leader in virtualization for high-end computing, providing maximum performance and lower total cost of ownership (TCO). The innovative Versatile SMPTM (vSMP) architecture aggregates multiple Intel Architecture systems into a single virtual Intel Architecture system, delivering an industry-standard, high-end symmetric multiprocessor (SMP) computer. Using software to replace custom hardware and components, ScaleMP offers a new, revolutionary computing paradigm. For more information, please call +1 (408) 342-0330 or visit www.ScaleMP.com.
vSMP Foundation is a trademark or registered trademark of ScaleMP. All other brands or products are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders and should be treated as such.
# # #
+1 (650) 947-7400