Provider of High-End Virtualization for SMP Systems Showcases Latest Innovations and Offers Hands-On Demonstrations of SMPs at Booth No. 3732
CUPERTINO, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–ScaleMP™, a leading provider of virtualization solutions for high-end computing, today announced its participation at the 2013 International Conference for High Performance Computing, Networking, Storage and Analysis (SC13) taking place November 17-22 at the Colorado Convention Center in Denver. At Booth No. 3732, ScaleMP will demonstrate the latest version of its server virtualization for aggregation software platform, vSMP Foundation 5.5. This new release broadens the environments and infrastructure where vSMP Foundation can clearly show cost savings over proprietary, closed solutions.
ScaleMP will also showcase live, very large SMPs that attendees can log in to and run a variety of commands. Up to 512 cores and large memory systems will be available, and everyone is invited to participate.
Throughout the event, the ScaleMP presentation theatre will be abuzz with scheduled presentations from companies and ScaleMP partners such as IBM, Cray, Hartree Centre, University of Ghent and others. Come hear the latest use cases of large memory systems. ScaleMP will also showcase its vSMP Foundation product line in its partners’ booths:
- Cray (Booth No. 1313): See how ScaleMP and Cray have teamed up to deliver a set of solutions based on the CS300 system that give users the ability to address tremendous amounts of memory as well as hundreds of cores without having to rely on complicated programming APIs.
- HP (Booth No. 2101): ScaleMP’s vSMP Foundation, integrated with the HP Cluster Management Utility (CMU), delivers a simplified experience in creating and managing large SMPs on the fly. Visit the HP booth to see this in action.
- IBM (Booth No. 1018): Discover how ScaleMP is working with IBM to offer a very large memory application, enabling an IBM PureFlex system to grow up to 336 cores and 10.5TB of memory. Visitors to the booth can also see how vSMP Foundation for Cloud is being integrated with the IBM Platform HPC.
ScaleMP will also participate in the SC13 Exhibitor Forum with a presentation on November 21 at 4 p.m. in Room 501/502. There, attendees can learn about the range of vSMP Foundation updates now available.
“Our participation in SC13 represents a milestone for ScaleMP: We now have a range of solutions and appliances developed with our leading technology partners. Users can now simply scale their applications to reduce the time it takes to complete complex simulations or understand terabytes of data,” said Shai Fultheim, CEO and founder of ScaleMP. “We continue to see interest in a variety of markets that need very large memory systems based on industry standard architectures.”
About vSMP Foundation
vSMP Foundation aggregates multiple industry-standard off-the-shelf x86 servers into a single virtual high-end system. vSMP Foundation provides customers with an alternative to traditional expensive symmetrical multiprocessing (SMP) systems, and also offers simplified clustering infrastructure with a single operating system. It supports aggregation of up to 128 servers into a single virtual SMP system, providing customers with:
- Up to 256 TB of shared memory for large memory requirements
- Up to 32,768 cores virtual SMP, proven scalability and record-breaking memory bandwidth
- Ease of use and lowest total cost of ownership for clusters coupled with simplified storage architecture
- On-demand SMP with support for most common provisioning systems, allowing for increased data center utilization with consolidated architecture
For more information on vSMP Foundation, please visit www.ScaleMP.com/products.
ScaleMP is the leader in virtualization for high-end computing, providing maximum performance and lower total cost of ownership. The innovative Versatile SMP™ (vSMP) architecture aggregates multiple independent systems into a single virtual system, delivering an industry-standard, high-end symmetric multiprocessing computer. Using software to replace custom hardware and components, ScaleMP offers a new, revolutionary computing paradigm. For more information, please call +1 (408) 342-0330 or visit http://www.ScaleMP.com.
vSMP Foundation is a trademark or registered trademark of ScaleMP. All other brands or products are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders and should be treated as such.
Michael Schulman, +1 408-342-0337